- Melton Mowbray - 01664 568 811
- St Albans - 01727 845 706
- Milton Keynes - 01908 630 169
Do you know about pregnancy gingivitis and why it is important to treat it?
Bleeding gums are caused by a build-up of plaque on the teeth. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can make your gums more vulnerable to plaque, leading to inflammation and bleeding. This is also called pregnancy gingivitis or gum disease.
There is a leaflet for you to download at the end of this article.
Here are some important things to remember to prevent or treat gingivitis while you’re pregnant:
- Anti-gingivitis toothpastes such as Crest Gum Detoxify Deep Clean, helps reverse early signs of gum damage by neutralizing the plaque bacteria build up around your gum line. Ask your dentist if they think you should start using it before, during and after pregnancy to maintain overall oral health.
- Anti-gingivitis mouthwashes, such as Crest PRO-HEALTH Multi-Protection Mouthwash, kills 99% of the bacteria that cause gingivitis.
- Floss at least once a day by sliding easily between teeth and below the gum-line to remove gingivitis-causing plaque.
- Tell your hygienist and dentist if you’re pregnant. They may recommend more frequent dental cleanings to help you avoid gingivitis.
If you’re pregnant or pregnancy is on your horizon, ask one of our dental specialists to evaluate your dental health for any treatment needed prior to and during your pregnancy.
Contact the Practice Call 01908 630 169 Download the Leaflet